Preseason power rankings: Boys' cross country
The top-three runners from last year's YAIAA championships have graduated, so there's no definitive favorite for the league title.
Just two returning runners clocked in at less than 17 minutes during last year's championship meet in Gettysburg, and 18 returners clocked in at less than 18 minutes.
On the team front, York Suburban is out to return to the top of Class AA after placing second in the state last season.
1. York Suburban: The defending District 3 Class 2A champion and PIAA Class 2A runner-up returns most of last year’s team. Jarrett Raudensky, Bryce Ohl and Peter Wagner all placed in the top 12 of districts last year.
2. Dallastown: The entire top-seven — including No. 1 runner Patrick Jacobson — returns for the defending YAIAA Division I runner-ups. The Wildcats went 18-2 in dual meets last season.
3. Red Lion: The Lions return three of last year’s top five — including No. 1 runner Micah Bodisch — from a team that won the YAIAA Division I title last year. Red Lion went 19-1 in dual meets.
4. Central York: Coming off a third-place showing in YAIAA Division I last season, the Panthers return the entire top seven, including No. 1 runner Tim Buzynski. Red Lion went 16-4 in dual meets.
5. South Western: The Mustangs return the top two runners, Jon Timmons and Dalton Miles, from last year’s team that placed fourth in YAIAA Division I. South Western went 15-5 in dual meets.